Reno, Nevada is a beautiful southwestern city with so much to offer. Often called the “Biggest Little City in the World,” it attracts plenty of tourists each year but is also full of many happy residents. Those who live in Reno will find no shortage of opportunities for outdoor fun. After all, the area is beautiful, and residents want to enjoy it! It’s also a city with a vibrant arts and culture scene, a rich history, and much to see, do and enjoy. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel welcome and celebrated. The LGBTQ community in Reno is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Reno/Sparks: PFLAG Reno/Sparks is Reno’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Reno seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Northern Nevada Hopes: Northern Nevada Hopes is a community-based organization that supports and promotes activities intended to encourage the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the LGBTQ community in the greater Reno and Northern Nevada area. The group provides events, support, and resources to the area’s LGBTQ community, and is an essential part of the area’s LGBTQ community.
- The Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce of Nevada: The Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce of Nevada, or GLCCNV for short, seeks to promote and empower the LGBTQ business community across Reno and the greater state of Nevada by providing networking, advocacy, and education, as well as supplying a variety of helpful resources and diverse opportunities to encourage business growth and build community.
- Spectrum Northern Nevada: Spectrum Northern Nevada seeks to celebrate, encourage, and give a voice to Reno’s LGBTQ community. The group plans events, provides resources, and seeks to build up the LGBTQ community and create safe and accepting social networks to ensure that all have the opportunity to thrive, grow, and live fulfilling lives.
- Renown Health: LGBTQ+ Care at Renown Health is proud to serve Reno’s LGBTQ community, and is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life and receive the compassionate, comprehensive care they need and deserve.
Reno’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Reno has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. Unlike some cities which tend to have one particular area of town that’s the “gayborhood,” the LGBTQ population in Reno tends to be a bit more spread out. This isn’t bad news though – in fact, it simply means that the entire city is quite welcoming.
There are many different interesting neighborhoods to live in, and the most gay-friendly tend to be closest to Downtown. A good example is the Wells Avenue neighborhood and shopping area which is a mix of historic businesses and homes and is known for its many diverse restaurants. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Downtown Reno is around $375,000.
Old Southwest Reno is a neighborhood right next to the downtown area. This friendly, eclectic community includes a mix of well-preserved houses from many different eras. It is close to the Nevada Museum of Art and Reno’s Riverwalk District. Homes in this area can tend to be pricier, with many reaching up to close to a million dollars in price.
If you want to live in a lovely rural neighborhood nearer the mountains there is also a development called Hidden Valley in southeast Reno that is near the Rosewood Lakes Golf Course. The homes here are sprawling and ranch-style with some acreage on each property and come in a variety of price ranges.
While these neighborhoods are all wonderful, finding the home and neighborhood that is right for you will ultimately be a matter of budget and personal preference. As a result, it can be very helpful and important to find a Reno gay realtor who knows and loves the city, and who can point you toward homes that might be a good fit. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Reno Gay Realtor Today
Reno is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Reno and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Reno has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Reno, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Reno gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!