Henderson is a vibrant, eclectic, diverse Nevada city situated only fifteen miles from Las Vegas. As it is so closely located to Las Vegas, Henderson offers residents access to all of the bigger city’s amenities, while also retaining its own unique personality and offering much to see and do in its own right, including many friendly neighborhoods to choose from. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel welcome and celebrated. The LGBTQ community in Henderson is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Las Vegas: PFLAG Las Vegas is Henderson’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Henderson seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- The Center: The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada, often simply called, “The Center,” is a community-based organization that supports and promotes activities intended to encourage the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the LGBTQ community in the greater Henderson and Las Vegas area. The group provides events, support, and resources to the area’s LGBTQ community, and is an essential part of the area’s LGBTQ community.
- The Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce of Nevada: The Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce of Nevada, or GLCCNV for short, seeks to promote and empower the LGBTQ business community across Henderson and the greater state of Nevada by providing networking, advocacy, and education, as well as supplying a variety of helpful resources and diverse opportunities to encourage business growth and build community.
- Henderson Equality Center: The Henderson Equality Center seeks to celebrate, encourage, and give a voice to Henderson’s LGBTQ community. The group plans events, provides resources and seeks to build up the LGBTQ community to ensure that all have the opportunity to thrive, grow, and live fulfilling lives.
- The Wellness Clinic: The Wellness Clinic at the Henderson Equality Center is proud to serve Henderson’s LGBTQ community, and is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life and receive the compassionate, comprehensive care they need and deserve.
Henderson’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Henderson has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, the Green Valley Ranch neighborhood is particularly popular with the LGBTQ community. The current median list price of homes for sale in this neighborhood is around $475,000. Otherwise, the LGBTQ community in Henderson is sprinkled throughout the city, which simply means that there are many wonderful places to choose from.
Finding the home and neighborhood that is right for you will largely be a matter of budget and personal preference, and as a result, it can be very helpful and important to find a Henderson LGBTQ realtor who knows and loves the city, and who can point you toward homes that might be a good fit. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Henderson Gay Realtor Today
Henderson is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Henderson and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Henderson has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Henderson, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Henderson gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!