Often named one of the country’s best places to live, Fort Lauderdale is a diverse, progressive city with a friendly vibe. Located on the beautiful coastline of Florida, it offers plenty of opportunity for enjoying outdoor fun and is also a city with a vibrant arts and culture scene. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel celebrated and part of a community. The LGBTQ community in Fort Lauderdale is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Fort Lauderdale: PFLAG Fort Lauderdale is Fort Lauderdale’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Fort Lauderdale seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Equality Florida: Equality Florida is a Florida group constantly working to promote equality for all in Florida. The group offers networking opportunities, events, resources, and plenty of opportunities to become involved, as it works toward the celebration and advancement of LGBTQ groups across the state.
- Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Greater Fort Lauderdale: The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Greater Fort Lauderdale is a community-based organization that supports and promotes activities intended to encourage the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the LGBTQ community in the greater Fort Lauderdale area. The group provides events, support, and resources to the area’s LGBTQ community, and is an essential part of the area’s LGBTQ community.
- Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce is a group that seeks to promote, support, and connect the business community across Fort Lauderdale by providing networking, advocacy, and education, as well as supplying a variety of helpful resources and diverse opportunities to encourage business growth.
- Broward Health: Broward Health is proud to serve as a “Hospital for Everyone,” including Fort Lauderdale’s large LGBTQ community. Broward Health is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life and receive the compassionate, comprehensive care they need and deserve.
Fort Lauderdale’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Fort Lauderdale has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. Unlike some cities which tend to have one particular area of town that’s the “gayborhood,” the LGBTQ population in Fort Lauderdale tends to be a bit more spread out. This isn’t bad news though – in fact, it simply means that the entire city is quite welcoming.
A couple of neighborhoods that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- North Beach: This area is undergoing a tremendous transformation. It’s located just south of Sunrise Blvd. and north of Las Olas Blvd. There is a large amount of mid-century modern architecture, much of which has recently been updated. Much like South Beach in Miami, North Beach has a beachy vibe with a lot of life and is very popular with the LGBTQ community. The median list price of homes currently for sale in North Beach is around $1.8 million.
- Lauderdale Lakes: This neighborhood offers a series of gated condo communities including some that are lakefront. It’s less than 10 minutes from the beaches, Las Olas, and more. The architecture here ranges from modern to mid-century complexes. If you are on a budget but still want to be in a Fort Lauderdale LGBTQ community, this is a wonderful neighborhood to consider. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Lauderdale Lakes is around $140,000.
While many neighborhoods are wonderful, finding the home and neighborhood that is right for you will ultimately be a matter of budget and personal preference. As a result, it can be very helpful and important to find a Fort Lauderdale gay realtor who knows and loves the city, and who can point you toward homes that might be a good fit. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtor Today
Fort Lauderdale is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Fort Lauderdale and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Fort Lauderdale, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Fort Lauderdale gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!