With a city center only seven miles from the Pacific Ocean, Irvine is a beautiful coastal California city with so much to offer. Located 45 miles south of Los Angeles and 90 miles north of San Diego, it is a city full of opportunity, as the headquarters of several major technology corporations. It’s also an important center of higher education with many universities, and it has a thriving arts and culture scene as well. Even better, it has a vibrant, thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Orange County: PFLAG Orange County is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies in the country. PFLAG plays an essential role in providing support, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources to the LGBTQ community in the greater Irvine area, and across the country.
- City of Irvine LGBTQ Resources: The City of Irvine is a city that cares deeply about ensuring that its LGBTQ community is supported, and as part of doing so, it has a designated LGBTQ+ liaison to serve as a resource to the LGBTQ community. The city also has several community groups and support services available.
- Los Angeles LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The Los Angeles LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce, though not located in Irvine, is popular with many Irvine LGBTQ Businesses, and a great way to get connected and become involved. It has the mission of promoting the success and growth of the LGBTQ business community and its allies in the greater Los Angeles area through education, advocacy, and networking, as well as increased visibility for LGBTQ entrepreneurs and businesses in the Tucson community.
- Youth First OC: Youth First OC is a community-based organization that serves to promote and protect the rights and interests of LGBTQ+ youth in schools across Orange County, and that works to ensure that all LGBTQ+ youth feel celebrated, supported, and loved.
- Radiant Health Centers: Radiant Health Center of Orange County offers healthcare, counseling, and social services to the LGBTQ+ community in greater Irvine, Those who need compassionate, comprehensive, high-quality care can find it here.
Irvine’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Irvine has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. If you’re thinking of making a move to Irvine, you will find that the entire city is very welcoming. Rather than spreading and expanding naturally, Irvine was actually designed and planned out from the beginning. This means that the city is divided into several different villages, each of which is laid out in a very specific way.
While many LGBTQ people are living in the area, there isn’t a single gay neighborhood. That’s because the city is so close to many other gay communities that Irvine never needed to develop its own. This truly means that almost anywhere in the city would make a wonderful place to call home. There are a wide variety of home styles available in different price ranges – although almost all homes tend to be on the more expensive side. For those who can afford a more expensive home, however, there are many great options available. The median list price of homes currently for sale in the Irvine area is approximately $1.4 million.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact an Irvine Gay Realtor Today
Irvine is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Irvine and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Irvine has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Irvine, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact an Irvine gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!