Situated on the shore of Lake Erie near the Niagara River, Buffalo is the second-biggest city in New York. It’s diverse and friendly with a laid-back, eclectic vibe, and rich arts and culture scene. It also has a vibrant, thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Buffalo/Niagra: PFLAG Buffalo/Niagra is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies in the country. PFLAG plays an essential role in providing support, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources to the LGBTQ community in the greater Buffalo area, and across the country.
- The Pride Center of Western New York: The Pride Center of Western New York is a community center built upon the vision of an LGBTQ community where individuals can feel safe and affirmed in all aspects of their lives, and fully integrated into, and celebrated by the larger community of Western New York. The Center offers a variety of resources and community events, networking opportunities, support, and advocacy groups in furtherance of this mission.
- GLYS Western New York: GLYS Western New York is a community center for LGBTQ youth and young adults, ages 5-21. The Center has the mission of building supportive communities and affirmative cultures for youth of all ages and orientations. GLYS strives to be a safe space for youth to be who they are, and to build community.
- Kaleida Health: Kaleida Health proudly proclaims itself as a “Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality,” and it lives up to this name. Kaleida Health seeks to provide comprehensive, compassionate care to all LGBTQ patients who seek healthcare services, both mental and physical.
- Evergreen Health: Evergreen Health offers mental, behavioral, and medical healthcare services to all in greater Buffalo, with a particular focus on the needs of the LGBTQ community. Those who need compassionate, excellent care can find it here.
Buffalo’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Buffalo has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a couple that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Allentown: Allentown is a historic neighborhood located near the theater and the entertainment district, so there’s plenty to do near the area. It is also a very walkable area, home to many shops, restaurants, and nightspots, in addition to many beautiful green spaces to enjoy during the day. The median sale price of homes in Allentown over the last year was around $385,000.
- Elmwood: Those looking for a vibrant, tree-lined neighborhood with friendly people and much to see and do need look no further than Elmwood. This neighborhood is home to a popular farmer’s market, many open-air restaurants and coffeehouses, a great pub scene, and plenty of shops to enjoy. It’s very LGBTQ-friendly, and all can feel welcome and at home here. The median sale price of homes sold in the last year in Elmwood was around $360,000.
While these neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Buffalo Gay Realtor Today
Buffalo is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Buffalo and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Buffalo has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Buffalo, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Buffalo gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!