Colorado Springs is the second-largest city in Colorado, and one of its most beautiful. It is well known for being home to the famed Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, and abundant natural beauty of all kinds. It’s also an important center of higher education, and home to many businesses. Additionally, it has a thriving arts and culture scene as well. Even better, it has a vibrant, thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Colorado Springs: PFLAG Colorado Springs is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies in the country. PFLAG plays an essential role in providing support, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources to the LGBTQ community in the greater Colorado Springs area, and across the country.
- Colorado Springs Queer Collective: The Colorado Springs Queer Collective is a local community-based organization dedicated to fostering community leadership, education, and empowerment. Its mission is to address inequality, invest in the local economy, and to celebrate the creative contributions of queer and trans people.
- Colorado LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The Colorado LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce serves the entire state, including the greater Colorado Springs area, and is a great way to get connected and become involved. It has the mission of promoting the success and growth of the LGBTQ business community and its allies in the greater Colorado Springs area through education, advocacy, and networking, as well as increased visibility for LGBTQ entrepreneurs and businesses in the community.
- One Colorado: One Colorado is a statewide advocacy and community support group headquartered in Anchorage, and dedicated to educating, supporting, and celebrating the lives of LGBTQ individuals across the state of Colorado. The group works toward this mission daily by planning events, providing resources, and vocally advocating for the LGBTQ community and its friends and allies.
- Inside Out Youth Services: Inside Out Youth Services is a community-based organization that serves to promote and protect the rights and interests of LGBTQ+ youth across Colorado Springs, and that works to ensure that all LGBTQ+ youth feel celebrated, supported, and loved.
Colorado Springs’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Colorado Springs has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. If you’re thinking of making a move to Colorado Springs, you will find that the entire city is very welcoming.
While many LGBTQ people are living in the area, there isn’t a single gay neighborhood. One neighborhood that does draw many from the LGBTQ community is Briargate, which is an upscale neighborhood, that although on the smaller side, is walkable, friendly, and offers plenty to see and do.
Although Briargate is particularly popular, truly almost anywhere in the city would make a wonderful place to call home. There are a wide variety of home styles available in different price ranges. The median list price of homes currently for sale in the Colorado Springs area is approximately $465,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Colorado Springs Gay Realtor Today
Colorado Springs is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Colorado Springs and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Colorado Springs has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Colorado Springs, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Colorado Springs gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!