Oklahoma City is the state capital of Oklahoma and an important center of the Great Plains region of the country. It is a city that is large enough for residents to have plenty to see and do, but small enough to still have a close-knit feel. Those who visit the city enjoy its warm, midwestern vibe, and love that the city is a place where all can find their place and feel at home. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel welcome and celebrated. The LGBTQ community in Oklahoma City is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Oklahoma City: PFLAG Oklahoma City is the city’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Oklahoma City seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Diversity Center of Oklahoma: The Diversity Center of Oklahoma is an LGBTQ Community Center serving the greater Oklahoma City area. The Center seeks to provide community services, resources, and support in a wide variety of ways to Oklahoma City’s LGBTQ community.
- Q Space: Q Space is a community center intended to provide a safe, welcoming space where LGBTQ youth in the greater Oklahoma City area can feel celebrated, encouraged, and loved for who they are. The group plans a variety of events and provides resources throughout the year. It’s a great way for LGBTQ youth in the city to get involved and build community.
- Kaleidoscope: Kaleidoscope is a LGBTQ+ Family Support Group for youth and families in central Oklahoma. The group is intended for LGBTQ+ parents, identifying children, parents of LBTGQ+ identifying children, those who are on their LGBTQ+ conception journey, and allies and family members too.
- Diversity Family Health: Diversity Family Health is a LGBTQ-oriented health care organization dedicated to providing a safe, open, and welcoming space for each individual to receive comprehensive and compassionate care and wellness services.
Oklahoma City’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Oklahoma City has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a couple that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Mesta Park: Mesta Park is a friendly, walkable, eclectic neighborhood that is home to many gay bars, restaurants, and businesses. It has a unique vibe, plenty of home styles to choose from, and lots of friendly people. The current median list price of homes for sale in Mesta Park is around $545,000.
- NW 39th Street Enclave: Also known as “The Strip,” the NW 29th Street Enclave in Oklahoma City is a bustling, urban neighborhood with a thriving LGBTQ community. The neighborhood boasts many bars, restaurants, and boutiques, as well as other LGBTQ-friendly businesses, and is also known for having a vibrant nightlife and much to see and do. The median sale price of homes in the NW 39th Street Enclave over the last year was around $225,000.
While these two neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact an Oklahoma City Gay Realtor Today
Oklahoma City is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Oklahoma City and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Oklahoma City has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Oklahoma City, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact an Oklahoma City Gay Realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!