Aurora is a vibrant, eclectic, diverse Colorado city situated between the impressive Rocky Mountains and the rolling American prairie. Located only ten miles from Denver, Aurora offers residents access to all of the bigger city’s amenities, while also retaining its own unique personality and offering much to see and do in its own right. The city offers plenty of culture and adventure, and many friendly neighborhoods to choose from. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel welcome and celebrated. The LGBTQ community in Aurora is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Denver: PFLAG Denver is Aurora’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Aurora seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- The Center on Colfax: The Center on Colfax originally opened in 1976, and has grown to be the largest LGBTQ community center in the Rocky Mountain region. The mission of the Center on Colfax is to give a voice to Colorado’s LGBTQ community and play a critical role in statewide initiatives to reduce discrimination and harassment. The Center wants to ensure that every member of the LGBTQ community has access to the programs, resources, networking, and social opportunities needed to thrive, grow, and live fulfilling lives.
- One Colorado: One Colorado is the state’s leading advocacy organization dedicated to fighting for equality and visibility for the LGBTQ community. The Center works tirelessly for a fair and just Colorado and offers a variety of opportunities for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies to be involved in its mission.
- Aurora Pride: Aurora Pride is a community resource and support group that seeks to promote equality, civil rights, and inclusiveness for the LGBTQ community in Aurora and beyond. The group does this by celebrating and promoting the history, diversity, and prosperity of the LGBTQ community through events, education, festivities, and support and advocacy groups that it offers to the community year-round.
- Advocate Aurora Health: Advocate Aurora Health is a LGBTQ-oriented healthcare organization dedicated to providing a safe, open, and welcoming space for members of the city’s LGBTQ community to receive excellent, high-quality comprehensive, and compassionate care and wellness services.
Aurora’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Aurora has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a few that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Park East: Park East is a fabulous neighborhood of all semi-custom homes (which will cost twice as much a mile west in Denver) with winding roads, large majestic trees, and a strong LGBTQ community! The current median list price of homes in Park East is around $545,000.
- Pheasant Run: Pheasant Run is one of the smaller neighborhoods in Aurora, but it’s one that is very popular with young professionals. There are plenty of restaurants, nightspots, shops, and medical centers in the area, as well as many business opportunities nearby. The median list price in Pheasant Run is currently around $500,000.
- Pride’s Crossing: Pride’s Crossing is another very popular neighborhood offering close proximity to much to see and do. It is a great neighborhood for young professionals and families alike, with many business opportunities, but also a wide variety of housing options and price ranges. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Pride’s Crossing is around $516,000.
While these neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending on your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact an Aurora Gay Realtor Today
Aurora is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Aurora and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Aurora has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Aurora, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact an Aurora gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!