Wichita, Kansas is a diverse and vibrant city in the heart of the state. It’s often referred to as the “Air Capital of the World” because of its important role in the aviation and aeronautical industry. It’s also a city with a thriving arts and culture scene, plenty of outdoor beauty, and much to see and do. It is a welcoming city full of friendly people, and one that offers much to see, do and joy for residents and visitors alike. Even better, it has a vibrant LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Wichita: PFLAG Wichita is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization of its kind in the United States, and for many years, it has played an essential role in providing education, advocacy, support, networking opportunities, and resources to LGBTQ communities across the country. Monthly meetings and other community-building events and resources are regularly offered.
- The Center of Wichita: The Center of Wichita is a community center that strives to be a “place to call home” for Wichita’s LGBTQ community. Located in the heart of downtown Wichita, the Center works to accomplish this mission by providing education, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources to Wichita’s LGBTQ community, friends, and allies.
- Equality Kansas: Equality Kansas is an essential education and advocacy group that works tirelessly for the recognition of LGBTQ rights across the state. The group plans events, offers volunteer opportunities, and strives to create alliances and opportunities to build community, end discrimination, and advance important LGBTQ causes.
- GLSEN Kansas: GLSEN Kansas is a statewide grassroots initiative that works in local communities, including the greater Wichita area, to ensure that all students have safe schools regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. The group works toward this mission year-round by providing resources, planning events, and giving support to the greater LGBTQ community and its allies.
- Wichita LGBTQ Health Coalition: Wichita’s OKEQ Health Clinic provides health care services and resources to Wichita’s LGBTQ community. The Clinic seeks to prove comprehensive, high-quality care to all, and to be a trusted provider of culturally competent care.
- Wichita Pride: Wichita Pride is dedicated to ensuring that LGBTQ individuals across the greater Wichita area feel celebrated, supported, and encouraged for who they are. The group plans events to celebrate the city’s LGBTQ community and is a great way to get connected and become involved.
- Proud of Wichita: Proud of Wichita Inc. is an organization dedicated to supporting and building the LGBTQ business community in the greater Wichita area. It has the mission of promoting the success and growth of the LGBTQ business community and its allies through education, advocacy, and networking, as well as increased visibility for LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and businesses in the community.
Wichita’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Wichita has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. If you’re thinking of making a move to Wichita, you will find that the entire city is very welcoming. While many LGBTQ people are living in the area, there isn’t a single gay neighborhood. That’s not necessarily a bad thing though – it simply means that there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from.
One neighborhood that is particularly popular with the LGBTQ community is the Downtown Wichita neighborhood. The downtown neighborhood offers plenty of access to restaurants, shops, entertainment, and more in a variety of home styles and price ranges available. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Downtown Wichita is around $360,000.
In addition to the downtown area, there are many other wonderful communities to choose from throughout the city. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Wichita Gay Realtor Today
Wichita is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Wichita and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Wichita has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Wichita, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Wichita gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!