Mesa, Arizona is a unique and vibrant southwestern city with a population of more than 500,000 people. Located close to Phoenix, it offers access to all of that city’s amenities, while also providing plenty to see, do, and enjoy in its own right. Mesa has a thriving arts and culture scene, plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation, and many unique and welcoming neighborhoods. Even better, it has a vibrant, thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- One n Ten: One n Ten is a center for LGBTQ youth and young adults serving the greater Phoenix area, including Mesa. Its mission is to serve LGBTQ youth and young adults ages 11-24 and to enhance the lives of the youth it serves by providing empowering and engaging social service programs that promote the development of leadership skills, self-expression, and healthy life choices.
- Equality Arizona: Equality Arizona is an essential education and advocacy group that works tirelessly for the recognition of LGBTQ rights across the state of Virginia. The group plans events, offers volunteer opportunities, and strives to create alliances and opportunities to build community, end discrimination, and advance important LGBTQ causes.
- One Community Arizona: One Community Arizona is an LGBTQ community center serving the Mesa area and the larger Phoenix community and beyond. Its mission is to advocate, celebrate, and educate to improve the lives of people in the LGBTQ community. The group works tirelessly to accomplish this mission by providing events, resources, support groups, networking opportunities, advocacy services, and more to the community.
- Greater Phoenix Equality Chamber of Commerce: The Greater Phoenix Equality Chamber of Commerce serves Mesa and the greater Phoenix area and is a great way to get connected and become involved. It has the mission of promoting the success and growth of the LGBTQ business community and its allies through education, advocacy, and networking, as well as increased visibility for LGBTQ entrepreneurs and businesses in the community.
- The Southwest Center: The Southwest Center is devoted to providing excellent, compassionate, and comprehensive care to all, and is particularly focused on the unique needs of transgender and LGBTQ individuals.
Mesa’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Mesa has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. If you’re thinking of making a move to Mesa, you will find that the entire city is very welcoming.
While many LGBTQ people are living in the area, there isn’t a single gay neighborhood. That’s not necessarily a bad thing though – it simply means that there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from. As Mesa is generally considered a suburb of Phoenix, it generally has a suburban feel.
Northeast Mesa generally has a more upscale feel and features several golf communities and enclaves of custom homes, as well as some more affordable neighborhoods too. There are plenty of parks and green spaces in this area and a wide variety of home styles and price ranges. Southeast Mesa is a growing area that is attracting many new homebuyers and businesses. This area tends to attract a younger crowd, as well as plenty of families and retirees. It also has many golf courses and recreational areas close by.
The median list price of homes currently for sale in the Mesa area is approximately $450,000. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Mesa Gay Realtor Today
Mesa is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Mesa and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Mesa has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Mesa, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Mesa gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!