Lincoln, Nebraska is a warm and welcoming midwestern city. As the second-largest city in the state, it offers much to see and do, and plenty of opportunities for all. Additionally, it has a thriving arts and culture scene as well as many unique neighborhoods. Even better, it has a vibrant, thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Lincoln: PFLAG Lincoln is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies in the country. PFLAG plays an essential role in providing support, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources to the LGBTQ community in the greater Lincoln area, and across the country.
- Out Nebraska: Out Nebraska is an LGBTQ community center serving the Lincoln area. Its mission is to advocate, celebrate, and educate to improve the lives of people in the LGBTQ community in the greater Lincoln area and beyond. Out Nebraska works to accomplish this mission by providing events, resources, support groups, networking opportunities, advocacy services, and more to the community.
- Lincoln Commission on Human Rights: The Lincoln Commission on Human Rights is dedicated to educating, supporting, and promoting the human rights of all in the greater Lincoln area. The group works toward this mission daily by planning events, providing resources, and vocally advocating for the LGBTQ community and its friends and allies, and others.
- The Queer Nebraska Youth Network: The Queer Nebraska Youth Network is a community-based organization that serves to promote and protect the rights and interests of LGBTQ+ youth across the state of Nebraska, and that works to ensure that all LGBTQ+ youth feel celebrated, supported, and loved.
- University Health Care – LGBTQ Services: The transgender and LGBTQ services section of University Health Care is devoted to providing excellent, compassionate, and comprehensive care to all, and is focused on the unique needs of transgender and LGBTQ individuals.
Lincoln’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Lincoln has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. If you’re thinking of making a move to Lincoln, you will find that the entire city is very welcoming.
While many LGBTQ people are living in the area, there isn’t a single gay neighborhood. One neighborhood that does draw many from the LGBTQ community is Downtown Lincoln, which is an eclectic, vibrant area that is walkable, friendly, and offers plenty to see and do.
Although Downtown Lincoln is particularly popular, truly almost anywhere in the city would make a wonderful place to call home. There are a wide variety of home styles available in different price ranges. The median list price of homes currently for sale in the Lincoln area is approximately $350,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Lincoln Gay Realtor Today
Lincoln is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Lincoln and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Lincoln has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Lincoln, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Lincoln gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!