Tucson, Arizona is the second-largest city in the state and the oldest. It is a stunning picture of southwestern beauty, situated on the edge of the Sonoran desert. It also has a rich arts and culture scene, abundant natural beauty, many excellent eclectic restaurants, and plenty of unique and welcoming neighborhoods. It is a diverse and progressive city in many ways, and it has an LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Tucson: PFLAG Tucson is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies in the country. PFLAG plays an essential role in providing support, advocacy, networking opportunities, and resources to the LGBTQ community in the greater Tucson area, and across the country.
- Tucson Commission on GLBT Issues: The mission of the Tucson Commission on GLBT Issues is to foster conditions that will promote and encourage the welfare of LGBTQ people across greater Tucson. The group works to accomplish this mission through education, advocacy, and by building relationships among a strong network of government, community organizations, businesses, and individuals.
- Equality Arizona: Equality Arizona is an essential education and advocacy group that works tirelessly for the recognition of LGBTQ rights across the state of Virginia. The group plans events, offers volunteer opportunities, and strives to create alliances and opportunities to build community, end discrimination, and advance important LGBTQ causes.
- Tucson Pride: Tucson Pride, Inc. is a community-based group that seeks to serve, promote, and support Tucson’s LGBTQ community by providing cultural, educational, and recreational events and resources throughout the year, including the annual Pride celebration and parade in October of every year.
- Tucson LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The Tucson LGBT Chamber of Commerce has the mission of promoting the success and the growth of the LGBTQ business community and its allies in the greater Tucson area through education, advocacy, and networking, as well as increased visibility for LGBTQ entrepreneurs and businesses in the Tucson community.
- El Rio Health: El Rio Health is a group that seeks to provide comprehensive, compassionate care to all LGBTQ patients who seek healthcare services, both mental and physical.
Tucson’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Tucson has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a few that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Catalina Foothills: The Catalina Foothills are located north of Tucson. This neighborhood is considered to be one of the more affluent in the area. It is located near plenty of popular recreation spots like Bear Canyon and Sabino Canyon, and it’s also home to a number of upscale shops, bars, and restaurants. The median list price of homes currently for sale in the Catalina Foothills is approximately $675,000.
- Eastside: Those who love beautiful green spaces and spending time outdoors will love Eastside. The neighborhood is on the smaller side and is home to beautiful Case Park, as well as many single-family homes to choose from. It’s very welcoming to the LGBTQ community and full of friendly people. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Eastside is around $375,000.
- Downtown Tucson: Downtown Tucson is particularly popular for those who want an urban feel, with plenty of LGBTQ bars, restaurants, and coffee shops, and much to see and do. Condos are particularly popular here, although there are some single-family homes here and there as well. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Downtown Tucson is around $375,000.
While these neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Tucson Gay Realtor Today
Tucson is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Tucson and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Tucson has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Tucson, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Tucson gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!