Saint Paul is a diverse, eclectic, and friendly city. It is the capital of Minnesota, and along with its sister city, Minneapolis is half of Minnesota’s “Twin Cities” area. It is a city that has a thriving arts and culture scene, plenty of opportunities, and much to see and do. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel welcome and celebrated. The LGBTQ community in Saint Paul is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG St. Paul-Minneapolis: PFLAG Saint Paul-Minneapolis is the city’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Saint Paul seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Out Front Minnesota: Out Front Minnesota is an LGBTQ community group serving the Twin Cities and the greater Minnesota area, with the mission of creating a Minnesota where all people can feel accepted, celebrated, and free to be who they are. The group work towards this mission by planning a variety of community events and monthly meetings and providing education and resources to the community.
- Reclaim: Reclaim is a community-based group dedicated to serving LGBTQ youth and their families in the greater Saint Paul area. By providing resources, support, advocacy, and a variety of events, the group serves as a safe place for all youth to grow and feel celebrated and seen for who they are.
- Quorum: Quorum is an LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce that has been serving the greater Saint Paul area for over 25 years. It is a strong and essential advocate of the Greater Saint Paul LGBTQ business community. The group offers support, resources, and plenty of events to network and connect – more than 70 each year, in fact.
- Rainbow Health: Rainbow Health is a diverse team of health professionals dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the LGBTQ community in the greater Saint Paul area. The group seeks to provide compassionate, comprehensive care and help to all, and it is a place where all can feel safe and secure to seek the treatment and care that they need.
Saint Paul’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Saint Paul has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a couple that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Loring Park: Loring Park is an area of town known for its historic homes, walkable areas, and beautiful biking and walking paths that wind around the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway. It’s a trendy neighborhood known for hosting festivals and other fun events throughout the year, and it is particularly popular with the LGBTQ community. The median sale price of homes in the Loring Park area over the course of the last year was around $225,000.
- Lowertown: The Lowertown neighborhood was once an important industrial hub in the city, and is now a trendy, historic neighborhood with a funky, eclectic vibe. It offers many excellent local restaurants, stores, and other LGBTQ-friendly businesses. The median sale price of homes in Lowertown over the last year was around $305,000.
While these neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Saint Paul Gay Realtor Today
Saint Paul is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Saint Paul and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Saint Paul has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Saint Paul, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Saint Paul gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!