Nashville. Many know it as the country music capital of the United States – and certainly, it is a city of swinging honky-tonks, bright neon lights, lively nightlife, friendly people, and great music. Beyond that, however, it is also a progressive, eclectic, vibrant city full of creative people and many diverse neighborhoods. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel welcome and celebrated. The LGBTQ community in Nashville is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Nashville: PFLAG Nashville is the city’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Nashville seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- The Oasis Center: The Oasis Center is a community center in Nashville that has been helping thousands of youth for decades. The Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that to support the diverse needs of youth and their families. Just Us is a collection of programs sponsored by and at Oasis Center that specifically reaches out to LGBTQ youth. These programs are dedicated to helping LGBTQ and questioning youth achieve their full potential. The mission of Just Us is to provide LGBTQ+ youth with “a liberating space where they can be authentic and celebrate the fluidity of identity.”
- Nashville LGBTQ Chamber: The Nashville LGBTQ Chamber is a strong and essential advocate of the Greater Nashville LGBTQ business community. In total, the chamber represents over 400+ businesses, community groups, and individuals in Nashville and the surrounding area.
- Nashville Cares: Nashville Cares is a community group with a mission to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Middle Tennessee. The group works tirelessly to achieve this mission through education, advocacy, and support for individuals at risk for or living with HIV and seeks to provide compassionate, comprehensive care and help to all.
Nashville’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Nashville has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a couple that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Downtown: For those looking to be in the heart of the city and the middle of all the action, you can’t beat the Downtown area of Nashville. The three blocks from around 15th to 18th street include many LGBTQ businesses, as well as a variety of popular nightclubs, restaurants, and coffee shops. The current median value of homes in the Downtown area is around $437,000.
- East Nashville: East Nashville is a short distance from the downtown area, and is known for being a hip, artistic neighborhood full of creative artists and musicians. It’s a very walkable and friendly spot with a great food scene and much to see and do. The median sale price of homes in East Nashville over the last year was around $587,000.
- Hillsboro Village: Hillsboro Village is located near Belmont University, Vanderbilt University, and Lipscomb, giving it a unique college town feel while still retaining a family-friendly vibe. The area is known for historic homes, lots of boutique shops and restaurants, plenty of parks, and friendly neighbors. The median sale price of homes in Hillsboro Village over the last year was approximately $783,000.
While these neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Nashville Gay Realtor Today
Nashville is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Nashville and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Nashville has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Nashville, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Nashville gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!