Albuquerque is a beautiful, sunny southwestern New Mexico city with much to offer visitors and residents alike. This is a city of artists, outdoor enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and has long had a strong following among artsy types, outdoors enthusiasts, and a free-spirited, innovative, diverse community. Even better, it is a city with a vibrant and thriving LGBTQ community. Here, everyone can find their place and be a part of all that makes Albuquerque wonderful. The city’s LGBTQ community is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Albuquerque: PFLAG Albuquerque is Albuquerque’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Albuquerque seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Equality New Mexico: Equality New Mexico is an essential education and advocacy group that works tirelessly for the recognition of LGBTQ rights across the state of New Mexico. The group plans events, offers volunteer opportunities, and strives to create alliances and opportunities to build community, end discrimination, and advance important LGBTQ causes.
- Transgender Resource Center of New Mexico: The Transgender Resource Center of New Mexico offers many groups to help answer questions, create friendships and provide support and resources for the LGBTQ/Transgender community.
- New Mexico OUT Business Alliance: The New Mexico OUT Business Alliance has been an essential pillar of support for New Mexico’s LGBTQ business community for decades. The group seeks to promote and empower the LGBTQ business community across the state by providing networking, advocacy, and education opportunities, to encourage business growth and build community engagement. The group has thousands of members and is a great way to become involved and active in the city’s LGBTQ business circles.
- Common Bond U21 New Mexico: U21 is a youth community center intended to serve as a safe space for LGBTQ youth across the city. The group plans a variety of events throughout the year and offers resources and plenty of opportunities to connect and build community.
- Health Equity Alliance for LGBTQ+ New Mexicans: The Health Equity Alliance for LGBTQ+ New Mexicans is a community organization that seeks to achieve health equity and support the well-being of the state’s LGBTQ community through community organizing, advocacy, and education so that every person can live their healthiest life, and feel accepted and celebrated for who they are.
Albuquerque’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Albuquerque has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a couple that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Nob Hill: Located near the campus of the University of New Mexico, and bisected by Historic Route 66, Nob Hill has a high concentration of shops, restaurants, and bars popular with the LGBT community. It is a funky, vibrant district with eclectic shops, excellent dining options, and chic nightspots. The median price of homes currently listed in Nob Hill is around $345,000.
- Old Town: Old Town Albuquerque is the site where the city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish on the Camino Real from Mexico City to Santa Fe. Old Town is known for its wonderful shops, restaurants, and sights to discover. Members of the LGBTQ community will find that Old Town is a welcoming and wonderful place to call home. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Old Town is around $550,000.
While these two neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact an Albuquerque Gay Realtor Today
Albuquerque is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Albuquerque and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Albuquerque has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Albuquerque, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact an Albuquerque gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!