Tampa is one of Florida’s largest cities, and it is one with plenty to offer visitors and residents alike. This sunshiny city on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico offers professional sports, a thriving arts scene, excellent restaurants, and plenty of entertainment options, indoors and out. And beyond all of the fun it offers, it offers professional opportunities too – and plenty of them. That’s not to mention its beautiful natural surroundings, gorgeous coastlines, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun. It also has a strong, steadily growing LGBTQ community, one where everyone can find their place and be a part of all that makes the Tampa Bay area wonderful. That community is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Tampa: PFLAG Tampa is Tampa’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Tampa seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive
- LGBTQ Welcome Center: The LGBTQ Welcome Center, located in the St. Pete portion of the Tampa Bay area, is a community center intended to be a safe and welcoming space for the LGBTQ community, friends, and allies in the Tampa Bay area. The center seeks to provide information and serve as a resource and a hub for the LGBTQ community in the greater Tampa Bay area.
- Equality Florida: Equality Florida is a political advocacy group that advocates for rights and protections for all LGBTQ residents of the state of Florida. The group provides a variety of events, resources, and ways to be involved throughout the year.
- Tampa Bay LGBT Chamber: The Tampa Bay LGBTQ Chamber has been the loudest voice for Tampa Bay’s LGBTQ business community for decades – since 1983, in fact. The group seeks to promote and empower the LGBTQ business community across the Tampa Bay area by providing networking, advocacy, and education opportunities, to encourage business growth and build community engagement. The group has thousands of members and is a great way to become involved and active in the city’s LGBTQ business circles.
- Metro Inclusive Health: Metro Inclusive Health has been serving Tampa’s LGBTQ community with compassionate, comprehensive care. The group is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life, and feel accepted and celebrated for who they are.
Tampa’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Tampa has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a couple that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Ybor City: Ybor City, also known by some as Tampa’s GaYbor District is perhaps the most well-known LGBTQ neighborhood in the Tampa Bay area. Part of the historic Ybor City neighborhood, the GaYbor District includes many gay bars, nightclubs, shops, restaurants, and other businesses. Centered primarily around the intersection of 15th Street and 8th Avenue, the neighborhood hosts an annual LGBTQ street party, as well as the Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, which is one of the largest independent LGBTQ film festivals in the United States. Those interested in living in the GaYbor District will find a wide variety of single-family homes and condos to choose from at varying price ranges. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Ybor City is around $279,000.
- Seminole Heights: Seminole Heights is another very popular LGBTQ neighborhood in the Tampa area. Located in the heart of the city, it has an eclectic and diverse population, and homes that are unique and full of character. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Seminole Heights is around $379,000.
While these two neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Tampa Gay Realtor Today
Tampa is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Tampa and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Tampa has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Tampa, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Tampa gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!