Phoenix is a sunny, southwestern city that is the capital of Arizona, and one of the largest in the United States. It is a vibrant, diverse city with a rich history, a thriving arts and culture scene, and plenty of opportunity for all. It is a city of industry and innovation, and one that offers plenty to see and do for visitors and residents alike. Even better, Phoenix has a vibrant and active LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources and community groups across the city. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Phoenix: PFLAG Phoenix is Phoenix’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Phoenix seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Phoenix Pride LGBTQ Center: The Phoenix Pride LGBTQ Center is a pillar of the LGBTQ community in the greater Phoenix area, and one that does so much to support, encourage, celebrate, and advocate for everyone it serves. The group plans a variety of festivals and events throughout the year and offers plenty of opportunities to connect to the community and become involved.
- One n Ten: One n Ten is a center for LGBTQ youth and young adults serving the greater Phoenix area. Its mission is to serve LGBTQ youth and young adults ages 11-24 and to enhance the lives of the youth it serves by providing empowering and engaging social service programs that promote the development of leadership skills, self-expression, and healthy life choices.
- Greater Phoenix Equality Chamber of Commerce: The Greater Phoenix Equality Chamber of Commerce is the Phoenix area’s LGBTQ chamber of commerce, and it seeks to promote and support the interests of Phoenix’s LGBTQ business community. The group seeks to encourage and foster economic opportunities for the LGBTQ business community by promoting connections, fostering business growth and visibility, and providing connections and professional development opportunities.
- Spectrum Medical: Spectrum Medical seeks to provide comprehensive and compassionate health care to Phoenix’s LGBTQ community. The clinic seeks to provide compassionate, inclusive, state-of-the-art care to its patients in the greater Phoenix area every day.
Phoenix’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Phoenix has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are two that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Melrose: The Melrose District, located in central Phoenix, has a high concentration of LGBTQ-friendly businesses and is a popular neighborhood with the LGBTQ community. Many bars and nightclubs are situated in this area as well. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Melrose is around $464,000.
- Scottsdale: Scottsdale is 12.9 miles from downtown Phoenix and has often been called Arizona’s version of South Beach because of its great nightlife. It is known for having some of the best homes in the Phoenix area, in addition to offering a wide variety of galleries, museums, restaurants, and indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Scottsdale is around $779,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Phoenix Gay Realtor Today
Clearly, Phoenix is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Phoenix and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Phoenix has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Phoenix, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Phoenix gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!