Santa Fe is the sunny, southwestern capital of New Mexico. It is a vibrant, eclectic, and diverse city with a rich history. It’s known for its artsy vibe, unique architecture, and stunning natural beauty. It’s also a city full of opportunity – both for employment and for fun, with plenty to see and do for visitors and residents alike. Even better, Santa Fe has one of the most active and thriving LGBTQ communities in New Mexico, and one that is well-supported by a variety of resources and community groups across the city. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Santa Fe: PFLAG Santa Fe is Santa Fe’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Santa Fe seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- The Human Rights Alliance of Santa Fe: The Human Rights Alliance of Santa Fe has been serving the LGBTQ community in Santa Fe since 1993. The mission of the group is to educate, encourage, engage, and celebrate LGBTQ inclusion, pride, and acceptance for all. The group works continually to accomplish this mission through event planning, community building, and advocacy, and it’s a great way to be involved and connect with others.
- Santa Fe Pride: Santa Fe Pride is a pillar of the LGBTQ community in the greater Santa Fe area, and one that does a great deal to support, celebrate, and serve the city’s LGBTQ community. The group plans a variety of festivals and events throughout the year and offers plenty of opportunities to connect to the community and become involved.
- New Mexico OUT Business Alliance: New Mexico OUT Business Alliance is the Santa Fe area’s LGBTQ chamber of commerce, which serves the entire state of New Mexico, and seeks to build upon, promote, and invest in the state’s LGBTQ business and professional community. The group seeks to encourage and foster economic opportunities and connections and provide a variety of professional development opportunities.
- Southwest Care: Southwest Care has been delivering excellent healthcare to the Santa Fe community, including its LGBTQ community, for over 25 years. With several locations and clinics throughout the city, Southwest Care seeks to provide the best possible health care experience to every patient it serves.
Santa Fe’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Santa Fe has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are two that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Aldea: Aldea is a neighborhood where the community pride in ownership is obvious. It is clean, well-manicured, and has a low crime rate. There are also a variety of homes suitable for gay singles or couples in the area including family homes, townhomes, and garden homes. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Aldea is currently around $634,950.
- Historic Eastside: If a neighborhood with more historic buildings is your taste, then you should also check out Historic Eastside, which is a friendly, beautiful neighborhood that runs up into the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. The homes are smaller here and tend to be on the more expensive side. The area also has plenty of surrounding natural beauty and is bordered by parks and walking trails. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Historic Eastside is $960,000.
- Guadalupe: Another historical neighborhood is Guadalupe, which stretches along the “Camino Real,” the famous road to Mexico. There is a warehouse district here that is known for its live-and-work studios, shops, galleries, and eateries. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Guadalupe is approximately $596,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Santa Fe Gay Realtor Today
Clearly, Santa Fe is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Santa Fe and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Santa Fe has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Santa Fe, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Santa Fe gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!