Located on the shores of the Trinity River in North Central Texas, Dallas is a beautiful, bustling city that is home to one of the largest LGBTQ communities in the United States. If you’re thinking of finding your next home in the Lone Star State, you can’t go wrong by choosing Dallas. It’s a city with so much to offer, and even better, it is also a city with a thriving, active, and much-loved LGBTQ community where all can feel welcomed, celebrated, and at home. Among the many wonderful things that Dallas offers its residents are a number of helpful resources and groups specifically designated to serve, support, and celebrate its LGBTQ+ community. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Dallas: PFLAG Dallas is Dallas’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Dallas seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- The Resource Center: The Resource Center is a medical and social services center in Dallas that seeks to empower the LGBTQ communities and all people affected by HIV through improving health and wellness, strengthening communities, and providing education and advocacy. For over 35 years, the Center has provided programs of interest to the LGBTQ community as well as important and necessary assistance to people living with HIV and AIDS and for their families.
- The Hope Center: The Dallas Hope Center is a LGBTQ-focused homeless shelter that exists to help the 18+ LGBTQ community. Its mission is to reduce homelessness among LGBTQ young adults in the Dallas area.
- Youth First Texas: Youth First Texas is an LGBTQ youth community organization dedicated to serving LGBTQ youth, friends, and allies in the greater North Texas area. The group is committed to serving every member of the LGBTQ youth and young adult community in North Texas as they seek to live fully in celebration of who they are and to feel supported and connected to the communities in which they live. The group plans events, offers support, and provides a variety of helpful resources and support services to LGBTQ youth in the North Texas area.
- North Texas LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The North Texas LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce is a very essential and involved part of the greater Dallas LGBTQ+ community as well as of the LGBTQ community spread across the North Texas area. The group has the mission of promoting an environment in which LGBTQ+ business owners can grow, thrive, and make valuable connections to their communities. The group is also dedicated to promoting the various businesses of its members and providing a wide variety of opportunities to promote their products and services.
Dallas’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Dallas has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the many wonderful LGBTQ+ neighborhoods throughout the city. Some of the neighborhoods in Dallas which are most popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- Oak Lawn: Often also referred to as “The Strip”, Oak Lawn is located a few miles north of downtown Dallas. It is known for being a trendy, LGBTQ-friendly neighborhood that offers many different coffee shops, bars, restaurants, and more. The current median value of homes in Oak Lawn is around $363,000.
- Oak Cliff: Oak Cliff is a very popular gay neighborhood whose main street has become one of the most popular gay strips in Dallas. The area is almost fifty percent gay-owned, and property values are rising. The current median value of homes in Oak Cliff is around $213,500.
- Uptown: For those looking for a slightly more expensive, upscale, yet still very walkable neighborhood that is close to plenty of nightlife, shopping, culture, and much to see and do, Uptown would be an excellent choice. The area is very LGBTQ-friendly, safe, and full of many unique shops, restaurants, bars, and more. The current median list price of homes currently for sale in Uptown is around $572,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Dallas Gay Realtor Today
Without a doubt, Dallas is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Dallas and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Dallas has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Dallas, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Dallas gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!