If you’re thinking of making a move to the southeastern portion of the country, Atlanta may be a city that’s on the top of your list – and with good reason. Atlanta is a vibrant southern city with a rich history and a forward-thinking future. It’s the biggest city in Georgia, and it’s a city full of diverse neighborhoods and communities, including a very active and thriving LGBTQ community. Among the many wonderful things that Atlanta offers its residents are a number of helpful resources and groups specifically designated to serve, support, and celebrate its LGBTQ+ community. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Atlanta: PFLAG Atlanta is Atlanta’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Atlanta seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- City of Atlanta LGBTQ Affairs Website: The City of Atlanta LGBTQ Affairs Website is an extensive and informative resource for Atlanta’s LGBTQ community, offering helpful links and information regarding events, resources, and opportunities for connecting to community across the city. The city is working toward becoming One Atlanta, a city where all can feel protected, celebrated, and included, and the LGBTQ Affairs Website is an important part of this effort.
- AID Atlanta: AID Atlanta is a medical and social services group that works to reduce new HIV infections and improve the quality of life of its members and the community. It currently offers HIV/AIDS prevention and care services and a variety of resources for the greater Atlanta community.
- Atlanta Coalition for LGBTQ Youth: The Atlanta Coalition for LGBTQ Youth is a branch of Georgia Equality that seeks to serve LGBTQ youth, friends, and allies in the greater Atlanta area. The group is committed to serving every member of the LGBTQ youth and young adult community in the greater Atlanta area as they seek to live fully in celebration of who they are and to feel supported and connected to the communities in which they live. The group plans events, offers support, and provides a variety of helpful resources and support services to Atlanta’s LGBTQ youth.
- OUT Georgia Business Alliance: OUT Georgia Business Alliance is an important and very involved part of the greater Atlanta LGBTQ+ community as well as of the LGBTQ community spread across the state of Georgia. The group has the mission of promoting an environment in which LGBTQ+ businesses across the state owners can make valuable connections to their communities and grow their businesses at the same time.
Atlanta’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Atlanta has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the many wonderful LGBTQ+ neighborhoods throughout the city. Some of the neighborhoods in Atlanta which are most popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- Midtown: This is Atlanta’s original gay neighborhood and is the core of LGBTQ life in Atlanta. It’s located at the intersection of Piedmont Avenue and 10th Street and is considered a perfect starting point for any new LGBTQ transplants to the city. Midtown is also where you will find the best gay nightlife. The neighborhood is full of fun bars, cool cafes, and a general diverse feel. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Midtown is approximately $355,000.
- Downtown: The downtown area is the heart of Atlanta, and it is vibrant, diverse, and full of so much to see and do. The area is home to all of the great tourist attractions, venues, and sporting events, and is also full of trendy art galleries and inspiring attractions. There is always something to do downtown. Whether you’re visiting the World of Coca-Cola or taking a stroll through Centennial Olympic Park. This is where the big events happen in the city. The median value of home prices in the downtown area is currently around $264,000.
- Westside: Westside is an up-and-coming neighborhood in the West Midtown area of Atlanta. Highlighted by Atlantic Station, the neighborhood has recently been revitalized and makes for a wonderful place to work and play. Once an industrial haven, it’s now become a mecca for artists and young professionals. Just down the street is the Westside Provisions District. This is where you’ll find delectable haberdasheries and decadent noshing all day long – and this is only one wonderful area of many in the neighborhood! The neighborhood is walkable, friendly, and wonderful, and would make an excellent place to call home. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Westside is around $222,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact an Atlanta Gay Realtor Today
Without a doubt, Atlanta is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Atlanta and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Atlanta has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Atlanta, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact an Atlanta gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!