Beautiful, sunny shorelines. Crystal blue waters. Stunning art deco architecture. Rich culture. Lavish parties. Vibrant nightlife. A diverse community in every respect. This is Miami. It’s a city with so much to offer, and even better, it is also a city with a thriving, active, and much-loved LGBTQ community where all can feel welcomed, celebrated, and at home. For those who do choose to call it home, Miami offers so much to enjoy, including many resources specifically for its LGBTQ+ community. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG South Miami: PFLAG South Miami is Miami’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Miami seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Pridelines: Pridelines is a Miami-based LGBTQ community services organization that exists to provide community groups, health services, events, resources, and safe spaces to the LGBTQ community in the greater Miami area. The Pridelines Centers exist with the mission of offering safe environments for all LGBTQ youth, adults, and allies, and offer a wide range of programs and services to accomplish that mission.
- LGBTQ Services at the University of Miami Health System: The University of Miami Health System offers services specifically directed to and for the benefit of the LGBTQ community in the greater Miami area, and seeks to ensure access to quality health care by providing healthcare, education, advocacy, and resources.
- The GLBTQ Alliance: The GLBTQ Alliance is an LGBTQ youth community organization in Miami that is dedicated to helping every member of the LGBTQ youth and young adult community in Miami live their best life, and to feel celebrated, supported, and connected to the community. The group is plans events, offers support, and provides a variety of helpful resources and support services to LGBTQ youth in the greater Miami area.
- Miami-Dade LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The Miami-Dade LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce is a very essential and involved part of Miami’s LGBTQ+ community. The group has the mission of promoting an environment in which LGBTQ+ business owners can grow, thrive, and make valuable connections to their communities. The group is also dedicated to promoting the various businesses of its members and providing a wide variety of opportunities to promote their products and services.
Miami’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Miami has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the many wonderful LGBTQ+ neighborhoods throughout the city. Some of the neighborhoods in Miami which are most popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- South Beach: A glittering art deco enclave that’s the apotheosis of the city, South Beach was the start of the Miami gay scene and will probably always remain so. It’s a glamorous scene full of hot nightspots and celebrity-chef eateries. South Beach is lined with chain stores and little indies shops. Ocean Drive in particular is best known for its well-preserved art deco architecture and cool, casual vibe. It takes up the southernmost two miles and is the main neighborhood everyone thinks of when they hear “Miami.” The median price of homes currently for sale in South Beach is around $436,000.
- Wynwood: Also referred to as the “Design District,” Wynwood has recently been revitalized and renewed. The area is full of eclectic galleries and high-end shopping. It is definitely also the area where the art resides in Miami and is known not only for its many unique galleries but also for its many colorful and stunning street murals. The surrounding areas also have converted warehouses that are now hip craft breweries and chic boutiques. It’s a very walkable neighborhood, full of homes in unique architectural styles in a variety of price ranges. The median list price of homes currently for sale in the Wynwood area is around $450,000.
- Coconut Grove: Coconut Grove is one of Miami’s oldest neighborhoods. It hugs the shoreline of Biscayne Bay and is an upscale and green neighborhood known for its beautiful mangrove forests. It’s a beautiful bohemian neighborhood that is home to many celebrities also of the stunningly beautiful Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a gorgeous villa and estate with a Farmer’s Market every Sunday. The neighborhood also hosts sailing clubs and several marinas that dot the waterfront. Homes in Coconut Grove are expensive, but for those who can afford a higher price range, there are a variety of unique styles and options available. The median sale price of homes in the Coconut Grove neighborhood over the last year was around 1.12 million.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Miami Gay Realtor Today
Without a doubt, Miami is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Miami and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Miami has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Miami, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Miami gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!