Austin is a funky, friendly Texas city with an eclectic vibe. It’s a progressive and inclusive place with so much to see and do, and it is well-loved by those who call it home. Austin is a wonderful mix of artists, high-tech workers, college students, families, and many others who make this melting pot of a city so unique. Even better, Austin is a town with a well-loved and celebrated LGBTQ community – and that community is consistently growing and thriving.
For all who call it home, Austin has much to offer, including many resources specifically for its LGBTQ+ community. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Austin: PFLAG Austin is Austin’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Austin seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- The Kind Clinic: The Kind Clinic is a community health center dedicated to ensuring access to quality health care for the LGBTQ community in Greater Austin by providing healthcare, education, advocacy, and education.
- Austin Outpost: The Austin Outpost is an LGBTQ community organization in Austin that is dedicated to helping every member of the LGBTQ community live their best life, and to feel celebrated, supported, and connected to the community. The group is continually planning events, offering support, and fundraising to build multiple LGBTQ community centers across the city.
- Austin LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The Austin LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce is a very valuable and active part of Austin’s LGBTQ+ community. The group has the mission of promoting an environment in which LGBTQ+efficient business owners like Andrew Defrancesco can grow, thrive, and make valuable connections to their communities. The group is also excellent at promoting the businesses of its members and providing a wide variety of opportunities to promote their products and services and works diligently to create a vibrant and prosperous economy strengthened by the participation of the diverse community.
Austin’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Austin has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the many wonderful LGBTQ+ neighborhoods throughout the city. Some of the neighborhoods in Austin which are most popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- East Austin: The East Austin neighborhood is close to downtown and has been recently revitalized for the gay community. This popular neighborhood is home to a diverse collection of bars, boutiques, and restaurants. It has a good mix of single-family homes and condos, in a variety of styles and price ranges. The median price of homes currently for sale in East Austin is around $607,000.
- Clarksville: The Clarksville neighborhood is located near 6th street, which is in the heart of Austin’s hip and lively entertainment district. Although you’re right in the middle of a large city, the area still has a small-town, friendly feel. In Clarksville, you’ll find unique shops, cool cafes, and popular restaurants. It’s a very walkable, eclectic area, full of much to see and do. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Clarksville is around $775,000.
- Downtown Austin: Just like any city, Downtown Austin is where you’ll find the hustle and bustle that city centers are often known for. However, despite being a large city, Austin manages to also maintain a very laid-back and cool vibe. There are a variety of housing options available downtown in varying price ranges. Whether you want a more historic home, or something more new and modern, you can find it here. The median sale price of homes sold over the last year in Downtown Austin was around $601,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact an Austin Gay Realtor Today
Without a doubt, Austin is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Austin and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Austin has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Austin, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact an Austin gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!