Also known as “St. Pete” or “The Sunshine City,” Saint Petersburg is a coastal Florida city known for its beautiful beaches and friendly people. Located on the beautiful coastline of Florida, it offers plenty of opportunity for enjoying outdoor fun and is also a city with a vibrant arts and culture scene. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel celebrated and part of a community. The LGBTQ community in Saint Petersburg is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Saint Petersburg: PFLAG Saint Petersburg is Saint Petersburg’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Saint Petersburg seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Equality Florida: Equality Florida is a Florida group constantly working to promote equality for all in Florida. The group offers networking opportunities, events, resources, and plenty of opportunities to become involved, as it works toward the celebration and advancement of LGBTQ groups across the state.
- Metro LGBTQ Welcome Center: The Metro LGBTQ Welcome Center is an LGBTQ community center located in St. Pete, whose goal is to provide a safe and welcoming space for the LGBTQ community in the area. The group seeks to build a strong community by planning events, creating safe spaces, and providing resources and advocacy across the city, and it is a great place to become involved and connected with others.
- Tampa Bay LGBTQ Chamber: The Tampa Bay LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce serves the greater Tampa Bay area, including Saint Petersburg. The group seeks to promote, support, and connect the business community across Saint Petersburg by providing networking, advocacy, and education, as well as supplying a variety of helpful resources and diverse opportunities to encourage business growth.
- Metro Inclusive Health: Metro Inclusive Health is proud to serve Saint Petersburg’s diverse LGBTQ community. Broward Health is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life and receive the compassionate, comprehensive care they need and deserve.
Saint Petersburg’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Saint Petersburg has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. Unlike some cities which tend to have one particular area of town that’s the “gayborhood,” the LGBTQ population in Saint Petersburg tends to be a bit more spread out. This isn’t bad news though – in fact, it simply means that the entire city is quite welcoming.
A couple of neighborhoods that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- Broadwater is one of the neighborhoods that’s often very popular with the LGBTQ community in St. Pete. It is a beautiful, somewhat secluded area, and very diverse. It’s also near many of the city’s best beaches and restaurants, plus it’s close to Tampa. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Broadwater is around $645,000.
- Tropical Shores is also a very popular neighborhood. This neighborhood is located near the downtown area, and it has a huge population of LGBTQ people— in fact, some estimates say that as much as 40 percent of everyone in Tropical Shores identifies as such! It’s wonderfully diverse, and its location makes it perfect for many people. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Tropical Shores is around $925,000
While many neighborhoods are wonderful, finding the home and neighborhood that is right for you will ultimately be a matter of budget and personal preference. As a result, it can be very helpful and important to find a Saint Petersburg gay realtor who knows and loves the city, and who can point you toward homes that might be a good fit. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Saint Petersburg Gay Realtor Today
Saint Petersburg is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Saint Petersburg and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Saint Petersburg has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Saint Petersburg, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Saint Petersburg gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!