Tallahassee is the capital of Florida, and home to Florida State University, which has one of the oldest LGBTQ student unions in the country, as well as Florida A&M University. It’s a city full of abundant natural beauty, warm, sunny weather, and much to see and do. It’s also a city with a vibrant arts and culture scene, and plenty of friendly and welcoming neighborhoods. Even better, it has a thriving and diverse LGBTQ community, where all can feel celebrated and part of a community. The LGBTQ community in Tallahassee is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Tallahassee: PFLAG Tallahassee is Tallahassee’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Tallahassee seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- Equality Florida: Equality Florida is a Florida group constantly working to promote equality for all in Florida. The group offers networking opportunities, events, resources, and plenty of opportunities to become involved, as it works toward the celebration and advancement of LGBTQ groups across the state.
- The Family Tree LGBTQ Community Center: The Family Tree LGBTQ Community Center is a community-based organization that supports and promotes activities intended to encourage the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the LGBTQ community in the greater Tallahassee area. The group provides events, support, and resources to the area’s LGBTQ community, and is an essential part of the area’s LGBTQ community.
- Tallahassee LGBTQ Business Partners: The Tallahassee LGBTQ Business Partners is a group that seeks to promote, support, and connect the business community across Tallahassee by providing networking, advocacy, and education, as well as supplying a variety of helpful resources and diverse opportunities to encourage business growth.
- Florida Association of Community Health Centers: The LGBTQ Services Branch of the Florida Association of Community Health Centers is proud to serve Tallahassee’s LGBTQ community, and is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life and receive the compassionate, comprehensive care they need and deserve.
Tallahassee’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Tallahassee has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. Unlike some cities which tend to have one particular area of town that’s the “gayborhood,” the LGBTQ population in Tallahassee tends to be a bit more spread out. This isn’t bad news though – in fact, it simply means that the entire city is quite welcoming.
The northern section of the city is particularly popular with the LGBTQ community and one of the more popular neighborhoods in that area is Lakeshore. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Lakeshore is $350,000.
While many neighborhoods are wonderful, finding the home and neighborhood that is right for you will ultimately be a matter of budget and personal preference. As a result, it can be very helpful and important to find a Tallahassee gay realtor who knows and loves the city, and who can point you toward homes that might be a good fit. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Tallahassee Gay Realtor Today
Tallahassee is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Tallahassee and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Tallahassee has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Tallahassee, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Tallahassee gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!