Pittsburgh is a beautiful Pennsylvania city offering stunning skyline views at the spot where the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio Rivers converge. This second-largest city in the state has a rich history and has always played an important role in industry, being well known for steel and bridges – 446 of them throughout the city, in fact. Even better, it’s a city with a reputation for being diverse, welcoming, and progressive – and one with a vibrant and active LGBTQ community.
Pittsburgh is a city that loves its LGBTQ community, and one that offers many helpful resources and groups dedicated to the mission of serving, supporting, and celebrating that community. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Pittsburgh: PFLAG Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Pittsburgh seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- PGH Equality Center: The PGH Equality Center has been providing LGBTQ individuals and allies in the greater Pittsburgh area with resources and opportunities to encourage visibility, understanding, and equality within the LGBTQ communities and the Pittsburgh community at large. The center accomplishes those goals through social support programs, resources, education, networking opportunities, and advocacy, and it’s a great way to become connected to the community and to feel involved and supported.
- Three Rivers Business Alliance: The Three Rivers Business Alliance is a non-profit, community-based LGBTQ business organization of the greater Pittsburgh area that seeks to promote, expand, and improve the economic interests of businesses owned by LGBTQ+ persons in the Pittsburgh/Greater Allegheny Region and their allies. The group accomplishes this mission by encouraging strategic partnerships, encouraging economic development, and by providing education, resources, and advocacy.
- Proud Haven: Proud Haven is a program dedicated to serving homeless LGBTQ youth and adults in Western Pennsylvania by connecting those individuals with resources, support, health care, safe spaces, and other opportunities to meet their needs.
- Central Outreach Wellness Center: Central Outreach Wellness Center is a program that seeks to provide health and wellness care to the LGBTQ community in the greater Pittsburgh area. The Center prides itself on being the leader in providing holistic, multicultural, competent care in the region.
Pittsburgh’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Pittsburgh has a great deal to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the many wonderful LGBTQ+ neighborhoods throughout the city. Two of the neighborhoods in Pittsburgh which are most popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- Shadyside: Shadyside is one of the most popular neighborhoods for the LGBTQ community. It is known for its historic homes, walkable areas, and boutiques, galleries, and restaurants situated on tree-lined streets. It is also known as a center of LGBTQ nightlife and offers plenty to see and do. The current median home value in Shadyside is around $461,000.
- Penn Hills: Penn Hills is a wonderful neighborhood for LGBTQ families with children. The neighborhood includes beautiful historic homes, tree-lined streets, and a good school system. It is fairly close to downtown and has access to several highways. It’s also fairly affordable – the average price of homes recently sold in the area is approximately $145,000.
Although these neighborhoods are two of the most popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many wonderful and welcoming neighborhoods in the area to choose from. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Pittsburgh Gay Realtor Today
Without a doubt, Pittsburgh is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Pittsburgh and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Pittsburgh has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Pittsburgh, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Pittsburgh gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!