The spring and summer months are typically some of the busiest times for home buyers, as the warmer weather and longer days make it an ideal time to search for your dream home. However, with a competitive housing market and limited inventory, finding the perfect home can be challenging.
To help you navigate this process, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 home buying tips for Spring/Summer 2023.
- Work with a full-time profession LGBTQ+ friendly real estate agent: A knowledgeable and experienced real estate agent can help you navigate the housing market and find the best homes that meet your needs and budget. Connect with a top agent free at GayRealEstate.com.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage: Before you start looking at homes, it’s important to know how much you can afford. Getting pre-approved for a mortgage will give you a clear idea of your budget and make the home buying process easier. The best way to connect with a LGBTQ+ friendly lender is a referral from your gay real estate agent.
- Be flexible with your search criteria: In a competitive market, it’s important to be open to different types of homes, locations, and amenities. By being flexible with your search criteria, you can increase your chances of finding your dream home.
- Do your research: Take the time with your agent to research different neighborhoods, schools, and amenities in the areas you’re interested in. This will help you make an informed decision about where to buy. Your GayRealEstate.com realtor will have access to neighborhood reports, school reports, crime statistics and more.
- Attend open houses and virtual tours: Attending open houses and virtual tours is a great way to get a feel for different homes and neighborhoods, and to narrow down your search.
- Make a strong offer: In a competitive market, it’s important to make a strong offer that stands out from the rest. Work with your GayRealEstate.com real estate agent to come up with an offer that is attractive to the seller – even considering writing an escalation clause into the contract if you find your dream home.
- Be patient in slow markets: Finding the perfect home may take time, but if you’re in a highly competitive market, be prepared to write an offer quickly.
- Don’t skip the home inspection: Even if you think you’ve found the perfect home, it’s important to have it inspected to ensure there are no hidden problems or issues.
- Consider future resale value: While you may be focused on finding your dream home, it’s also important to consider the home’s potential resale value in case you need to sell it in the future. Ask your agent about the history of pricing in the neighborhood you’re considering.
- Trust your agent, trust your instincts: At the end of the day, it’s important to trust your real estate professional – they are experts in the home buying process. Plus, trust your instincts and go with your gut feeling. If a home feels right to you, it may be the one you’ve been searching for.
Finding your dream home in a competitive market can be challenging, but by following these top 10 home buying tips for Spring/Summer 2023, you can increase your chances of success!
Jeff Hammerberg is a distinguished entrepreneur and broker, and the visionary founder of GayRealEstate.com. For over 25 years, he has been a prolific writer, coach, and author who has been instrumental in advancing the cause of fair, honest, and equitable representation for all members of the LGBTQ+ community in real estate matters. GayRealEstate.com, which he established, is the largest and longest-running gay real estate agent referral service in the nation, boasting over 3500 LGBTQ+ realtors who operate in cities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. His commitment to promoting inclusivity and accessibility in real estate has earned him a reputation as a passionate advocate for the LGBTQ+ community.