Tulsa is the second-largest city in Oklahoma, and one of the most diverse. It is a welcoming city full of friendly people, and one that offers much to see, do and joy for residents and visitors alike. Even better, it has a vibrant LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city, including:
- PFLAG Tulsa: PFLAG Tulsa is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization. PFLAG is the largest grassroots organization of its kind in the United States, and for many years, it has played an essential role in providing education, advocacy, support, networking opportunities, and resources to LGBTQ communities across the country. Monthly meetings and other community-building events and resources are regularly offered.
- The Dennis O’Neill Equality Center: The Dennis O’Neil Equality Center is a community organization that exists to encourage, support, and advocate for Tulsa’s LGBTQ community. The group accomplishes this mission by planning year-round community and networking events throughout the year, and by providing education, resources, and support for the LGBTQ community in the greater Tulsa area and beyond.
- OKEQ Health Clinic: Tulsa’s OKEQ Health Clinic provides health care services and resources to Tulsa’s LGBTQ community. The Clinic seeks to prove comprehensive, high-quality care to all, and to be a trusted provider of culturally competent care.
- Amplify Tulsa: Amplify Tulsa is a group dedicated to ensuring that LGBTQ individuals across the greater Tulsa area have information about and access to all of the resources available in the city. Throughout the year, the liaison works collaboratively with the LGBTQ community to increase support, reduce discrimination, and ensure that Tulsa is a community where all can feel celebrated and welcomed.
- Equality Business Alliance of Greater Tulsa: The Equality Business Alliance of Greater Tulsa is an organization dedicated to supporting and building the LGBTQ business community in the greater Tulsa area. It has the mission of promoting the success and growth of the LGBTQ business community and its allies through education, advocacy, and networking, as well as increased visibility for LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and businesses in the community.
Tulsa’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Tulsa has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. If you’re thinking of making a move to Tulsa, you will find that the entire city is very welcoming. While many LGBTQ people are living in the area, there isn’t a single gay neighborhood. That’s not necessarily a bad thing though – it simply means that there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from.
One neighborhood that is particularly popular with the LGBTQ community is the Brady Heights neighborhood. Brady Heights is perhaps the largest gay district in Tulsa and is a historic area located north of downtown. The neighborhood offers plenty of access to restaurants, shops, entertainment, and more in a variety of home styles and price ranges available. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Highland Square is around $420,000.
Another popular neighborhood is Florence Park. Florence Park is in the midtown area of Tulsa and is known for its older homes, as well as its variety of shops, restaurants, and other businesses. Single-family homes in this area are generally fairly affordable, and the median list price of homes in this neighborhood over the last year was around $410,000.
In addition to these neighborhoods, there are many other wonderful communities to choose from throughout the city. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Tulsa Gay Realtor Today
Tulsa is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Tulsa and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Tulsa has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Tulsa, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Tulsa gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!