Sacramento is California’s capital city, and for so many reasons, it’s a city with so much to offer. Located at where the American River and Sacramento River meet, it’s often called the River City and is known for its natural beauty. Sacramento also offers pleasant weather, plenty to see, and do, and many job opportunities. It’s also a very welcoming place, with much to see and do, and a large, thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources across the city. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Sacramento: PFLAG Sacramento is Sacramento’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Sacramento seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive
- Sacramento LGBTQ Community Center: The Sacramento LGBTQ Community Center has been serving Sacramento as a resource and gathering place for the LGBTQ community, adults and youth included, since the 1970s. The Center focuses on outreach to the entire LGBTQ community through a wide variety of support, network, and advocacy groups, educational opportunities, resources, community events, and more.
- Lavender Library: The Lavender Library is a unique Sacramento institution. This queer library and community hub is a gathering spot for the LGBTQ community in the city and seeks to be a place of connection and community, as well as offering a variety of queer books, films, and other resources to the community.
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce: The Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce seeks to promote and empower the LGBTQ business community across the city and the greater seven-county area, by providing networking, advocacy, and education opportunities. With over 1 million members, it offers a variety of helpful resources to encourage business growth and build community.
- One Community Health: One Community Health is a federally-qualified, full-service health center that serves is focused on ensuring that every patient can live their healthiest life. The group offers healthcare services, advocacy, and education, and is a safe, affirming place where all can receive the compassionate and comprehensive care they deserve.
Sacramento’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Sacramento has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. Sacramento is generally a very warm and welcoming community, and if you are an LGBTQ individual or family looking to purchase a home, there are plenty of neighborhoods that you might enjoy, depending upon your lifestyle needs and preferences. Two neighborhoods that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community include:
- Midtown: Midtown is a very popular neighborhood with the LGBTQ community, and is home to Lavender Heights. Lavender Heights is an eclectic, vibrant area of town where various gay-owned restaurants, bars, clubs, cafes, shops, and other businesses are located. There are frequent LGBTQ events and festivities in the area, and always plenty to see and do. The median sale price of homes sold over the last year in Midtown was around $761,000.
- Davis: For those looking for more of a suburban feel, Davis is a suburb that is particularly popular with the LGBTQ community. It is a neighborhood with numerous locally-owned shops and restaurants, as well as a number of parks. It has many young professionals and is also known for its excellent public schools. The median sale price of homes sold over the last year in Downtown Sacramento was around $795,000.
While these two neighborhoods are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community, there are many other diverse, welcoming, and friendly areas of town as well that may be worth considering depending upon your budget and personal home style preferences. Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Sacramento Gay Realtor Today
Clearly, Sacramento is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Sacramento and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Sacramento has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Sacramento, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Sacramento gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation