Minneapolis is the biggest city in Minnesota and is known for its thriving arts and culture scene, its vibrant nightlife, its beautiful outdoor scenery, and its friendly, welcoming people. “Minnesota nice” is a commonly-used phrase for a reason – it is simply a wonderful, welcoming place to live. Even better, Minneapolis has a vibrant and thriving LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources and community groups across the city. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Twin Cities: PFLAG Twin Cities is Minneapolis’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Minneapolis seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- OutFront Minnesota: Founded in 1987 to fight for LGBTQ justice, OutFront Minnesota is a resource for LGBTQ equality and liberation. Offering a variety of assets, from counseling to job searches, they’ve played an integral role in Minneapolis for over 30 years.
- Reclaim: Reclaim is a Minneapolis-based community group that works to provide culturally and financially accessible care to the LGBTQ youth community and their families. It is a pillar of the LGBTQ youth community in Minneapolis, and a wonderful resource for those wanting to get connected, be involved and support the city’s LGBTQ youth.
- Twin Cities Quorum: Twin Cities Quorum is the Minneapolis area’s LGBTQ chamber of commerce. It is an award-winning organization that seeks to build upon, promote, and invest in the state’s LGBTQ business and professional community. The group seeks to encourage and foster economic opportunities and connections, create a fully-inclusive business community, and provide a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
- Hennepin Healthcare: Hennepin Healthcare is a unique and welcoming LGBTQA+ clinic in Minneapolis that is dedicated to providing excellent, compassionate, high-quality health care to the city’s LGBTQ community.
Minneapolis’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Minneapolis has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are two that are particularly popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Loring Park: Home to Twin Cities Pride, Loring Park is a charming neighborhood that is mainly residential. The area is known for its large green spaces. Loring Park has a lake and extensive hiking and biking trails. The neighborhood also features cozy cafes, upscale new American restaurants, and independent shops. Loring Park is also home to the Minneapolis Convention Center, so if you do a lot of business there, this would be the perfect neighborhood. The median sale price of homes in Loring Park over the last year was around $255,000.
- Powderhorn Park: Located approximately three miles south of downtown, Powderhorn Park is home to the May Day Festival and Powderhorn Arts Festival. The area is residential, consisting of single-family homes, three-story apartment buildings, and duplexes. The population of Powderhorn Park is very diverse and welcoming. The median list price of homes currently for sale in Powderhorn Park is around $265,000.
- Northeast Minneapolis: One of the newer LGBTQ neighborhoods, the Northeast neighborhood is located along Central Avenue and is home to a variety of gay establishments, art galleries, cafes, boutiques, microbreweries, etc. It’s a thriving gay-friendly scene. The median sale price of homes in the Northeast Minneapolis neighborhood over the last year was approximately $305,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Minneapolis Gay Realtor Today
Clearly, Minneapolis is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Minneapolis and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Minneapolis has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Minneapolis, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Minneapolis gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!