Situated on the shores of Lake Erie, Cleveland is the second-biggest city in Ohio. It is a diverse, eclectic city with no shortage of things to see and do. Home to professional sports teams, many excellent educational institutions, an excellent culinary scene, and even the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland has so much to offer. That’s not to mention plenty of business opportunities, a thriving arts and culture scene, and some of the best and most innovative medical facilities in the country. Even better, it has a vibrant and active LGBTQ community that is well-supported by a variety of resources and community groups across the city. Some of those resources include:
- PFLAG Cleveland: PFLAG Cleveland is Cleveland’s chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is a support, education, and advocacy organization for LGBTQ people, as well as their families, friends, and allies. It is the largest grassroots-based family organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG Cleveland seeks to celebrate and support the city’s LGBTQ community and to create an environment of understanding so that everyone can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
- LGBTQ Community Center of Greater Cleveland: Founded in 1975, the LGBTQ Community Center of Greater Cleveland was created with the goals of educating the public, providing mental and physical health services, as well as social services and support to the LGBTQ community. Still today, the mission of the center is to enrich the lives of the LGBTQ community through support, education, advocacy, and celebration.
- Equality Ohio: Equality Ohio seeks to serve the LGBTQ community across the state by encouraging communities where everyone can feel at home, and where diversity, inclusiveness, and quality are valued by all.
- Plexus LGBTQ and Allied Chamber of Commerce: The Plexus LGBTQ and Allied Chamber of Commerce is the Cleveland area’s LGBTQ chamber of commerce, and it seeks to be a unique and influential network for the city’s LGBTQ business community. The group seeks to encourage and foster economic opportunity for the LGBTQ business community through a strong network of allies and strategic partnerships, and by advancing policies that promote economic inclusion and equality.
- LGBTQ Health at The Cleveland Clinic: The Cleveland Clinic is world-renowned for its excellence and health care, and the care it offers to Cleveland’s LGBTQ community is no exception. Dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate care for all, the Cleveland Clinic works to achieve this mission each day by providing health and wellness care to the LGBTQ community in the greater Cleveland area.
Cleveland’s Best Neighborhoods
Without question, Cleveland has so much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources are intended to reach the LGBTQ+ community throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, here are a few that are the most popular with the LGBTQ community:
- Ohio City: Ohio City is a historic area that sits just west of downtown Cleveland. Much of the nightlife and entertainment options are centered on the main strip of West 25th Street, which has a wonderful and eclectic assortment of cocktail bars and beer gardens, alongside popular vegan bistros and gourmet farm-to-table restaurants. This very diverse area has an active community and a wide variety of housing options, with homes ranging from approximately $42,000 to $1.2 million. The current median list price of homes for sale in Ohio City is approximately $230,000.
- Detroit Shoreway: The Detroit Shoreway neighborhood is located near Lake Erie, and is home to Cleveland’s LGBT center. It is a quirky, eclectic, and progressive arts neighborhood full of creative individuals. The median list price of homes in the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood is approximately $262,000.
- Edgewater: The Edgewater neighborhood, particularly the neighborhood between Clifton and Baltic, is a historic area that is also home to several gay bars and has an active gay scene. The median home value in the Edgewater neighborhood is around $184,000.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Cleveland Gay Realtor Today
Cleveland is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you already live in Cleveland and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Cleveland has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Cleveland, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Cleveland gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!