Denver, Colorado, well-known as the “Mile-High City,” is the largest city in Colorado, and certainly one of the most beautiful. This friendly, scenic, free-spirited city is very popular with and welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community, and with good reason. It’s truly a city with so much to offer, including many resources specifically for the LGBTQ+ community. Some of those resources include:
- The Center on Colfax: The Center on Colfax is the largest community center in the Rocky Mountain region, and it’s located right in the heart of Denver. The group seeks to give voice, support, and encouragement to Denver’s LGBTQ+ community. It plays a critical role in statewide efforts to reduce harassment and discrimination and promote LGBTQ+ causes.
- The Denver LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce: The DGLCC is a very valuable and active part of Denver’s LGBTQ+ community. The group has the mission of promoting an environment in which LGBTQ+ business owners can thrive, grow, and feel connected to the community. The group is excellent at promoting its members and providing plenty of opportunities to promote their businesses, products, and services.
- PFLAG Denver: PFLAG Denver is the city’s local chapter of the national PFLAG organization, which is the largest grassroots organization of its kind in the country. PFLAG is well-known for its mission of supporting LGBTQ+ people, friends, family, and allies across the country in a wide variety of ways. With 500 chapters and more than 200,000 members in the United States, PFLAG plays a critical role in providing advocacy, support, and resources to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Rainbow Alley: Rainbow Alley is a community support group for LGBTQ+ youth ages 11-21 and their allies. The group, which is a branch of Denver’s The Center on Colfax, exists to provide an affirming, encouraging, welcoming space where all youth can feel accepted and supported for who they are.
- Denver Health LGBTQ+ Services: Denver Health is one of the primary providers of medical care to the Denver community, and its LGBTQ+ Services branch exists specifically to serve the medical needs of Denver’s LGBTQ+ community.
Denver’s Best Neighborhoods
Without a doubt, Denver has much to offer its LGBTQ+ community, and those resources reach the LGBTQ+ neighborhoods throughout the city. While there are many wonderful neighborhoods in Denver to choose from, a few of the most popular with the LGBTQ+ community include:
- Capitol Hill: Nicknamed “Cap Hill,” this neighborhood is in the heart of the city, and it’s known for its hip, eclectic vibe and diverse community. It has many older, historic homes, blended with some newer, more affordable options as well. The median sale price of homes in Capitol Hill over the last year was around $318,000.
- Cheesman Park: The Cheesman Park neighborhood is very popular with Denver’s LGBTQ+ community. It is usually the site of Denver’s annual gay pride parade, and it is characterized by beautiful, walkable green spaces, plenty of shops and restaurants, and friendly neighbors. The median value of homes in Cheesman Park is currently around $452,000.
- Cherry Creek: Cherry Creek is a more upscale neighborhood, characterized by a vibrant shopping scene, and more expensive homes, yet still with a welcoming feel and a diverse community. Currently, the median value of homes in Cherry Creek is around $1 million.
Regardless of which neighborhood ends up being most appealing to you, one thing is certain – you’ll need the help of a realtor who knows and loves that community to help you find the home you love, and that’s truly the best fit for you. At www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here to help you do exactly that.
Contact a Denver Gay Realtor Today
It’s no secret that Denver is a city with so much to offer its LGBTQ community. Whether you live in Denver already and you’re thinking of moving to a new home, or if you’re planning to relocate to the area to enjoy all that Denver has to offer, at www.GayRealEstate.com, we’re here for you. We would love to help you take the first step toward finding an agent who knows and loves the community, and who can help you find a home and a neighborhood you’ll love. We’re proud to have a network of the best realtors in Denver, and we would love to help connect you with one today. Contact a Denver gay realtor today for a free, no-obligation consultation!