Sometimes, we can make our best plans in life – and life simply plans otherwise. We can think that we will take one path, and suddenly, we’re forced to take a detour. At the time of this writing, COVID-19 has created exactly that situation for many, many people across the country. Life, as we know it, seems to be on “pause” in many ways. Although this unprecedented new reality in which we find ourselves is necessary, it can also be unsettling. Our normal plans and routines are suddenly changed in so many ways – and it’s no different when it comes to selling a home. However there is a lot more cleaning involved, you may want to call janitorial services. If you need assistance cleaning out your home, then consider getting professional help from https://www.akbuildingservices.com/cleaning-services-industries/condominium-cleaning/
If you had been planning to list your home for sale and suddenly find that circumstances have changed – whether because of COVID-19 or some other reason, you may feel disappointed. The good news, though, is that you don’t need to feel as if this time has been wasted. In fact, it is possible to make the most of unexpected extra time to prepare your home for sale when the time is right. You may want to consider the following ideas for doing so:
- Clean Out Those Closets, Garage Spaces, and Other Storage Areas: There are few things that are almost universally appealing in a home, but storage is one of them. To fix damages quickly contact garage door West Palm Beach Florida at anytime.
- Almost every buyer will like the idea of having extra storage, and many people always feel as if they never have enough. Use some of your extra time to really declutter and organize your closets, your garage, and any other storage spaces in your home. The extra space you create will be very appealing to buyers who are looking for plenty of storage space. For same say garage door repair in Carrollton, TX, check out this site. You can store your extra items at a facility storage downtown.
- Make Some Upgrades – But Don’t Overdo it: Definitely consider using some of your extra time to make a few upgrades around the house, if you have the funds available to do so. Fortunately, these upgrades don’t need to be anything huge – often, sellers in fact discover that they have difficulty getting their money back if they invest in a huge improvement project just before putting their house on the market. Instead, invest in updates that are affordable and smaller scale. Perhaps consider putting a fresh new coat of paint on the walls. Fix leaky faucets. Replace door handles that may have become old and tarnished. Clean the carpets and the grout, if you have any stains caused by pets, then consider hiring a Pet Waste Cleanup service for assistance.
- Consider the Kitchen: If you are going to invest in a more expensive upgrade, remember that for the most part, a kitchen is a huge part of what really sells a home. It is not at all unusual for buyers to knock $10,000 or more off of the offer price if a kitchen looks dated, whereas something as simple as a paint job on the cabinets with some new hardware may cost only a couple of hundred dollars. As far as upgrades go, you typically get the most bang for your buck with a full kitchen remodel which will change your cabinetry design and much more.
- Make Your House Less of a Home: This piece of advice may sound a bit odd at first, particularly because the personal touches you’ve put on your house are what truly makes it feel like home. The thing to remember though, is that buyers want to envision your house not as your home, but as their home. As a result, the more personalized touches you have in your house, the less that a potential buyer might be able to envision living there. Take this time to organize and store your personalized items. Allowing the buyer to truly envision the space as his or her own can go a long way toward helping you make the sale.
Of course, these are only a few ideas of many ways you might make the most of this extra time preparing your home for sale. Ultimately, you know your home and your neighborhood best, and may have other ideas that will be a productive use of these extra months before you’re ready to put your home on the market. Whatever you choose to do, making the most of this extra time is likely to pay off for a higher sales price and easier sale of your home in the future.
Contact GayRealEstate.com Today
At GayRealEstate.com, we understand that selling a home is an important milestone, and it’s one that you don’t take lightly. You want to do all that you can to prepare your home for the best sales experience possible – and a critical part of that is finding the right agent to help you do so. At GayRealEstate.com, our passion is helping LGBTQ buyers and sellers across the country find excellent, trusted agents who know their communities well, and who are passionate about helping you to achieve your buying and selling goals. If you would like to be connected to a top gay real estate agent who will provide you with a free seller’s market analysis and other helpful selling advice, don’t wait any longer to get started. Connect with an agent today! www.GayRealEstate.com or Toll Free at 1-888-420-MOVE (6683). We look forward to helping you soon.